What is the current situation of Corona Virus in Bali?
Right now there's no lockdown in Bali and all Indonesia. But the local government and Balinese Banjar are taking some measures. Beaches are reopening. You must wear mask outside. Modern markets must close at 11 PM. You will get penalty if not wear Mask (could be money, donation, or social work).
July update: Visa extension process is extended to 20 August 2020. You must extend your visa before 20 August 2020 or you will be kicked out! You can do online visa application starting from 3 August 2020. Below for more information.
Bali is planning to reopen International Tourism on September 11th, 2020 and for Domestic tourism on July 31st, 2020.
Modern market and bussiness are eligible to open from 8am to 11 pm with strict covid-19 protocols. Failure to do so will result in shut down. If you're going to local businesses don't forget to wear mask or else they will get shutdown!
As per 24th May, Bali is open for all domestic travels by land or air. But you will have to provide additional papers such as Rapid Test Result, and Work Permit. Read more about the procedure below.
What are the current visa restrictions in Bali?
As per 13 July 2020 updates: All foreigners in Bali & Indonesia and VISA holders must extend their VISA starting from July 13rd until August 20th. You must do visa extension before August 20th or you will be kicked out / get administrative sanctions. You can also do online visa application. Click Read More on full information and how to do extension.
Bali Beaches Ropening - List of Beaches in Bali That Already Open.
Here's the list of Beaches in Bali that already open per July 6th, 2020. Most of the beaches in Bali already reopened. While its already reopened, please follow all the guidelines & covid-19 protocols (wear mask).
2. Nyang Nyang
3. Suluban / Uluwatu
5. Canggu Old Man
7. Kuta Beach
8. Jimbaran Beach
9. Pantai Sindhu Sanur
Please be patient if your favorite beach is not open yet. Keep your mask on, be polite, generous and thankful to be guest on this beautiful island.If all goes well, more beaches and Bali tourism will be fully reopen around September 2020.
Can I visit Bali now?
As per 25 April 2020, Indonesian government has banned all foreign arrivals and transits to Indonesian this of course includes Bali. Only travelers with a valid working permit and diplomats are allowed to enter.
These are the exception list that can visit Bali.
1. Foreigners who hold Indonesian Temporary Stay Permit (KITAP) or Permanent Stay Permit (KITAS),
2. Foreigners who hold Indonesian Diplomatic Visa or Service Visa,
3. Foreigners who hold Indonesian Diplomatic Stay Permit or Service Stay Permit,
4. Medical, food and humanitarian aid support workers,
5. The crew of means of transport,
6. People whose travel is associated with essential work for national strategies projects such as infrastructure or constructions.
Those foreigners in the list above must provide the following requirments:
1. a certificate of health (in English) issued by their local government's health authority, shows negative results for COVID-19 from a swab test based on the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR).
2. the foreigners must have stayed for 14 days in areas which not affected by COVID-19 outbreak before entering, evidenced by an immigration stamp or boardin pass,
3. statement of willingness to enter quarantine for 14 days in facilities provided by the Indonesian government.
Coming to Bali? Read more on 25 Insider Tips for Your Trip To Bali.
What's the procedure of visiting / flying to Bali during Covid-19?
First, check the list above. If you are in one of those list then you can fly to Bali with this procedure.
1. You need to signup for recommendation before flying in this Official Website
2. You need to have negative result of SWAB/PCR Test
3. SWAB/PCR Test valid only within 7 days after test result. So you need to visit Bali within those 7 days or need to do another test.
4. You also need someone in Bali that can guarantee your visits.
5. Arriving in Bali, you need to do self-isolation/quarantine.
Amazing Balinese Spiritual Experience 2020
Learn more & experience yourself the amazing Balinese Spiritual Ceremony!
Where can I see full updates of Corona Virus in Indonesia?
You can check on the official website of Indonesian Covid-19 Update. For a complete data in Bali you can visit Official Bali Province Website. Those two websites are in Bahasa, that's why we made this page for foreign travellers that are still in Bali.
Can I send package within Indonesia or to other countries?
As of today, you can still send and receive package from Bali to other countries or within Indonesia. Cargo flight is still open but limited to. Expect delay in delivery!
So how do I get foods?
Fortunately, you can get foods and supply without leaving your house. Download & install the life safer GoJek app on your phone! All your needs in one place. You need coffee to start your day? BGS Coffee is available at GoFood!
So, what can I do?
You can subscribe to our mailing list to receive updates on corona virus in Bali. Also follow our blog to have good reads and information.
Table of Contents
What is the official emergency number for Corona?
CORONA EMERGENCY NUMBER in BALI Call 1500451 or (0361) 251177. WhatsApp +6285792240799.
Where are the official referral hospitals for Covid-19 in Bali?
WHO Official Website
For more information regarding Corona Virus, you can visit WHO Official Website.